Thursday 23 August 2012

Employment Law Blog Developments

I hope you are finding our posts useful and informative and that they help you whether you be an employer or employeee.

Given my busy practice spanning London, Manchester and Edinburgh and everywhere inbetween its not often I get to tell you a little more about my firms capabilities and achievements. As you might know, I am an experienced Employment Lawyer and experienced advocate before the Employment Tribunals and Employment Appeal Tribunals.  I have been involved with a number of matters of late which have been successfully brought to conclusion.

I recently acted for a Pharmaceutical Company based in the South of England - the matter involved a sex discrimination claim arising out of maternity. The matter involved drafting the questionnaire and defending the Employment Tribunal proceedings. This was one such matter that involved a very robust defense and the tactical position of offering no money. The matter was withdrawn by the claimant without any settlement from our client.  Naturally given that the case had no reasonable prospects of success, our client was no doubt very relieved and happy with the outcome.

I have also recently acted for a Claimant who was subjected to a long sustained campaign of sexual harassment and eventually her unfair dismissal. The matter was incredibly complex dealing with four potential respondents and the overlap between the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 and the more recent Equality Act 2010. It also dealt with the issue of potential third party harassment and furthermore the vicarious liability of employers in such circumstances.  This involved two hearings and eventually the parties lawyers including myself reaching an amicable and positive solution for all.  It did appear for a while however that the parties were so far removed, a chance of settlement (which was in everyone's interests) was becoming less likely.  It is in these moments when the tenacity of your legal representation should come to the fore driving forward towards the best possible result.


EMPLOYERS
For Employers we have a dedicated Helpline where we can be contacted to discuss in brief form the issues you might be facing. I am available directly to speak to you on 07716 346 708 - I am available 24/7/365 via email on gda@garydarmstrong.com

Please feel free to follow this blog and or interact with me on social media.

1 comment:

Solicitors ireland said...

This looks absolutely perfect. All these tinny details are made with lot of background knowledge. I like it a lot. This was a useful post and I think it is rather easy to see from the other comments as well that this post is well written and useful.